MedVitál® Bio-Lycopene™ is the patented and clinically studied form of lycopene delivered in Carocelle™ for superior bioavailability. Lycopene is a natural carotenoid from tomatoes offering promise for heart health and prostate health, but many standard lycopene supplements have low bioavailability. Based on the research of cardiologist Dr. Ivan Petyaev, MD PhD, Carocelle™’s natural enrobing technology significantly enhances lycopene’s bioavailability in supplement form.
What Does It Do?
Healthy Heart and Skin+
Lycopene is a powerful natural antioxidant that gives ripe tomatoes a deep red color, an important component of the Mediterranean diet. In the body, lycopene is known to support cardiovascular health, to promote healthy skin by providing antioxidant protection from the sun’s UV rays and to limit LDL cholesterol oxidation.+
Lycotec’s patented Carocelle™ process starts with lycopene from tomatoes and builds natural micelle structures around lycopene molecules to enrobe them in lipid coating at the microscopic level for significantly enhanced absorption. In human studies, MedVitál® Bio-Lycopene™ was shown to have superior bioavailability when compared to lycopene supplements.
Lycopene’s role in heart health and in promoting healthy skin by providing antioxidant protection from the sun’s UV rays are well known. Researcher and practicing cardiologist Dr. Ivan Petyaev, MD PhD invented the Carocelle® technology that unlocks lycopene’s potential through enhanced bioavailability, so that your body absorbs more lycopene.
Lycopene—Absorption in ng/ml
Serum level: 4 weeks of supplementation. Addenbrook’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals
Bio-Lycopene™ uses the patented Carocelle™ process to build natural micelle structures made of lipids around lycopene from tomatoes. At the microscopic level, these micelles coat the lycopene and act as cargo molecules through the digestion process for significantly enhanced absorption. In clinical tests, MedVitál® Bio-Lycopene™ was shown to have superior bioavailability compared to standard lycopene supplements.
- Patented Carocelle® delivery system provides superior bioavailability
- Lycopene extracted from ripe red tomatoes
- Important component of the Mediterranean Diet
- Lycopene promotes heart health+
- Lycopene is known to support cardiovascular health, and to limit LDL cholesterol oxidation.+
- Lycopene deposits in skin and provides antioxidant protection for the skin.+
- Lycopene helps support a healthy prostate+
- Based on the research of cardiologist Dr. Ivan Petyaev, MD PhD
- Clinically studied for protecting against LDL cholesterol oxidation.+
- Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) food ingredient
Carocelle® process is patent pending, manufactured under license from Lycotec Ltd. Cambridge, UK.